i just walked on it. the only thing that may effect footing are the protruding bones and teeth of opposing teams past.
i just walked on it. the only thing that may effect footing are the protruding bones and teeth of opposing teams past.
I never understood what was supposed to be wrong with it. It was last played on on a sunny 50+ degree day and looked after the game the same as it did before. I've never seen a muddy game there either and I've been watching games there for almost 30 years. A couple years ago when Holston game over the field wasn't damaged before in a muddy sense. The bermuda was just ripped up in spots. The field drains extremely well and fast. I don't see where this whole uproar came from except for a couple dolts from EM crying and wanting the game played in a dome.
Here's my bet....after the game win or lose half a dozen of those same dolts will be posting all over the internet saying there was no grass on the field and that it looked like a cow pasture because they're too stupid to realize that bermuda goes dormant in the winter and turns that greyish/whiteish/brownish color.
"There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"
Cow pasture, I think we've heard that one before.
[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]
[CENTER] "Believe deep down in your heart that you're destined to do great things." JVP[/CENTER]
"There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"
Clintwood and Holston's field aren't even in the same relm. Holston's is about the same as maybe Twin Springs.
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
Play is at Wise. Very good field and we want to sent the best team to state anyway.
I don't know that Holston's field is even that good.
The real thing to complain about is the visitor locker room at Clintwood.
East Mont radio complaining about the pressbox. "We're settin up here in the elements.....in an old plywood pressbox." You could tell he was restraining himself to not say something.
[COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]
Bookmarks